These Are the 14 Best-Paying Jobs for People Who Love to Travel
If you love traveling, chances are you'd probably rather spend your time seeing the world's most spectacular sights than sitting at a desk 9-5 every day. But is it possible to combine a steady career with globetrotting? And do these jobs have any earning potential?
Turns out, there are a number of options when it comes to work which incorporates a significant amount of jet-setting. And, according to new research, they aren't all within the travel industry.
Job site Indeed has ranked the 15 best-paying jobs for travel-lovers, and although the list includes the careers you'd expect to see (like an airline pilot or a travel writer), there are a few surprises.
The research found that management consultants, who advise companies on how to improve their businesses, were the highest earners with the most travel opportunities. People in this role were found to have average annual salary of $71,072 while spending up to 80% of their working time on the move, while freelance designers, who may spend all their working time traveling, were next on the list, with an average annual salary of $58,871.
Events managers and auditors were also placed above travel writers and photographers in terms of their earning potential. So, want to make money in a job that allows you to see more than just your office? Here's the full list from Indeed's research, along with the average annual salaries and the amount of travel time that can be expected in each role.
1. Management consultant - $71,072 average annual earnings and up to 80% of travel time.
2. Freelance designer - $58,872 and up to 100% of travel time.
3. Travel nurse - $55,181 and the opportunity to travel during a 13 week contract.
4. Retail buyer - $50,406 and at least 10% of travel time.
5. Airline pilot - $44,488 and up to 100% of travel time.
6. Global events manager - $44,416 and up to 50% of travel time.
7. Auditor - $43,828 and up to 15% of travel time.
8. Travel writer - $42,192 and up to 100% of travel time.
9. Travel photographer - $41,779 and up to 100% of travel time.
10. Pharmaceutical sales rep - $41,254 and at least 50% of travel time.
11. Recruiter - $39,053 and at least 20% of travel time.
12. Travel agent - $31,309 and 30-40% of travel time.
13. Flight attendant - $26,273 and up to 100% of travel time.
14. Ski instructor - $20,211 and seasonal travel.
This story originally appeared on Esquire.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Esquiremag.ph editors.