Apparently, Manila Is the Fifth City With the Most Beautiful People in the World
The researchers over at Money.co.uk have spoken: Manila is home to the fifth-highest number of beautiful people in the world. At least according to the total number of beauty pageant winners our country and its cities have produced.
It's a bit of a stretch to measure a city's—for a lack of a better term—hotness using beauty pageant winners but humor us and the folks over at Money.co.uk who have looked at over 500 pageant winners of Miss World, Miss Universe, Mr. Gay World, and more to come up with the results.
Venezuela topped the list with its capital and largest city Caracas which has produced a total of pageant winners, followed by cities such as Bangkok and Sydney. Check out the list below, and read the full study here.
1. Caracas, Venezuela - 10 pageant winners
2. Bangkok, Thailand - 7 pageant winners
3. Sydney, Australia - 6 pageant winners
3. Turku, Finland - 6 pageant winners
5. Maracaibo, Venezuela - 5 pageant winners
5. Manila, Philippines - 5 pageant winners
5. San Juan, Puerto Rico - 5 pageant winners
8. Barcelona, Spain - 4 pageant winners
8. Johannesburg, South Africa - 4 pageant winners
8. Valencia, Venezuela - 4 pageant winners
8. Rio de Janeiro - 4 pageant winners
8. São Paulo, Brazel - 4 pageant winners
"The Philippines [is] considered another powerhouse of the beauty pageant world, which explains why the capital of Manila has produced the joint fifth-highest number of winners," the study said. We are tied with Venezuela's Maracaibo and Puerto Rico's San Juan, though.
The Philippines also ranked fifth when it comes to the countries with the most beautiful people. Other countries that made the top were the U.S., Venezuela, Brazil, U.K., Australia, Colombia, Thailand, South Africa, and Spain.