There's an Outdoor Holiday Fair Happening in Rockwell This Weekend
People might be starting to venture out more these days, but many are still cautious about going to crowded and indoor places. Which is why this small holiday fair happening in Powerplant Mall in Rockwell, Makati might just be the perfect weekend trip.
Organized by The Tasting Club, the outdoor Christmas market has actually been going on every weekend since the start of December and will have its final edition this weekend, from December 17 to 19.
Patterned after Christmas markets in Europe, The Tasting Club Holiday Fair at Rockwell puts the spotlight on locally made and imported gourmet food and beverage items such as fine wine, sangria, craft beers, spirits and craft cocktails. There are also stalls that offer curated artisan creations that would make for ideal Christmas gifts.
Many of the merchants are offering free samples of their food and beverage items, and some even have scheduled cooking demos to highlight their cooking skills and the fresh and premium ingredients. Visitors can also sample free cocktails offered by the spirits booths while sitting down in any of the benches while listening to music from live performers.
This weekend, these are the merchants who will offer tempting treats to visitors at the fair:
- Malagos Chocolate (Couverture Chocolate, Unsweetened Chocolate, Chocolate Covered Nuts, Tsokolate)
- F Taste of France (Fruit Garden Jams, Plantin Truffle Products, Wine in tubes, Sardines, Homemade Foie Gras, Duck Rillettes, Macarons, Lolea Sangria)
- The Tasteful Selections (Imported Cold Cuts such as Iberico and Chorizo, Imported Cheese such as Manchego, Imported Canned Seafoods, Olive Oils and Greek Tea)
- Oven Depot (Ooni Portable Pizza Ovens)
- Esguerra Kurobuta (Premium Pure-Bred Berkshire Kurobuta Hams, Bacons and Sausages in ready to give Boxes and Bag)
- The Daily Knead (Baked Cakes, Specialty Croissants, Sourdough Breads, Ensaymada, Cookies, Chocolate Brioche Babka and Other Specialties)
- Terroir Wine (French, Spanish and Italian Wines)
- Hardys Wines (Australian wines)
- Forth & Tay (Scotch Whisky and New World Wines)
- Remy Martin Cognac (Fine Champagne Cognac)
- Destileria Barako (Local Craft Spirits)
- Jade's Temple (Local Craft Beers)
- Lakat (Sustainable Sneaker Collection made with Pineapple fibers, Handwoven Scarves, Shawls, Blankets and Wrap)
- Kanya (Handwoven Bags and other Creations made of Sugarcane Fabric)
- Dona Lim (Silk Masks, Silk Tees and Knickers, Knit Sets, Cashmere Scarf, Silk Chiffon Floral Gown)
- Golden Monstera (Handcrafted Brass Jewelry)
- Bagelyadora (Handmade Mochilas from Colombia, Shigras and Toquilla Straw Bags from Ecuador, Huipil Straps from Guatemala and locally sourced Raffia and Bangkuan Bags)
- Joanique (Sustainable and Ethical Fashion Accessories)
And if you needed another reason to check out the outdoor fair, there will be a special raffle where a lucky winner will get to take home a gift pack containing some premium items from the participating merchants worth around P22,000.
The prize includes bottle of red wine Bodegas Antidoto, Ribera, Spain from Terroir Wine; a selection of dark and chocolates milk chocolate from Malagos Chocolate; a pack of Vega Mancha Manchego Curado from The Tasteful Selections, a one-liter bottle of Apple Cinnamon Beer from Jade’s Temple; a bottle of Don Papa 7 Year Ol and a bottle of Santa Ana Gin; a set of handwoven placemats made with sugar cane by Kanya; a silk mask from Dona Lim; a Jamon Florentina (Premium Kurobuta Shoulder Ham) from Esguerra Kurobuta; a set of Lolea Sangria, The Fruit Garden Jams and Homemade Foie Gras by F Taste of France; a bottle of red wine from Hardys and a Tintara Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon; a bottle of Remy Martin VSOP; a bottle of Robert Mondavi Private Selection Bourbon Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon; a Petit Babka Gift Set including various delicious mini loaf babka from The Daily Knead; and a P2,000 gift voucher from The Tasting Club for one of their future tasting events (virtual or in person).
The Tasting Club’s Holiday Fair at Rockwell is located at Plaza Driveway (Zara entrance of Power Plant Mall) and is open this weekend, Friday to Sunday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.