The Peninsula Manila Is Opening Its Doors to Essential Workers
For some of us, the current modified enhanced community quarantine status in Metro Manila and nearby provinces has put a damper on all our travel plans. But for frontliners and essential workers, it also means dealing with increased risk of transmission when they go to work, putting their loved ones' lives on the line when they go home, and worrying all the time. Hoping to give a bit of respite to this sector, five-star luxury hotel The Peninsula Manila in Makati City is opening its doors to essential business workers looking for a weekend staycation or a weekday stay near their place of work.
Priced at P6,300, the Get Back to Business room package is inclusive of a complimentary rapid antigen test for one, a flexible 24-hour stay in their Deluxe Room, and in-room breakfast for two. They also have the Pen Chat, which is a 24-hour messaging service for any guest request.
The Peninsula Manila is the only Department of Tourism-accredited staycation hotel within the Makati Central Business District, as all the others are quarantine hotels as designated by the Department of Health. They take pride in their health and safety measures, including contactless check-in and check-out, stringent room cleaning, social distancing, and distribution of PPEs to all guests and employees. They also have a Director of Safety, who overlooks that the hotel adheres to their high hygiene standards. The accommodation is also one of the first three Philippine hotels to receive the world's first-ever global safety and hygiene stamp, which is a certification that they've adopted globally standardized protocols.
Until the modified enhanced community quarantine is lifted, they can only cater to Authorized Persons Outside Residence belonging to the following industries:
- Health/emergency frontline services
- Manufacturers of vitamins/medicines, medical supplies, devices, and equipment
- Industries involved in agriculture, forestry, and fisheries
- Logistics service providers
- Priority construction projects
- Food and essential goods manufacturing
- Companies that manufacture, distribute, and supply equipment/products necessary for construction/maintenance works
- Essential retail trade/service establishments
- Food preparation establishments (takeout/delivery only)
- Telecommunications, Internet service, cable TV providers
- Airline/aircraft maintenance, pilots and crew, employees of aviation schools as well as ships’ captains and crew
- Funeral and embalming services
- Security personnel
- Printing establishments
- Repair/maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Repair/maintenance of motorized/non-motorized vehicles
- Leasing of real/personal properties
- Recruitment and placement
- Teachers, professors
This story originally appeared on Spot.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Esquiremag.ph editors.