'The Avengers: Infinity War' Directors Revealed Which Characters Died Off Screen
In the wake of the emotional gut-punch that capped Avengers: Infinity War, it could be easy to forget that Thanos' finger snap must have doomed dozens of lesser Marvel Cinematic Universe characters off screen. In an interview with HuffPost, directors Joe and Anthony Russo offered answers about some of their fates. It boiled down to:
- Howard the Duck (Seth Green, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2): Alive!
- Jane Foster (Natalie Portman, Thor and Thor: The Dark World): Too spoilery to say, which likely means she'll be back.
- Actor Loki (Matt Damon, Thor: Ragnarok): Dead.
- Betty Ross (Liv Tyler, Incredible Hulk): Dead.
- Korg and Miek (Taika Waititi, Thor: Ragnarok:) Too spoilery to say, but they’re almost certainly alive.
- Shuri (Letitia Wright, Black Panther): Too spoilery.
- Sif (Jaimie Alexander, Thor and Thor: The Dark World): Dead
- Ned (Jacob Batalon, Spider-Man: Homecoming): Too spoilery.
- Aunt May (Marisa Tomei, Spider-Man: Homecoming): Alive!
- Nakia (Lupita Nyong'o, Black Panther): Unknown, but maybe alive?
That still leaves major characters like Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie and Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye unaccounted for, but given the fact that we have a ton more Marvel movies coming at us over the next few years, we'll almost certainly find out what they've been up to.
This story originally appeared on Esquire.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Esquiremag.ph editors.