These Are the Most Valuable Songs on Spotify, According to Study
Music streaming services are not only accessible and convenient, but they also provide a way for us listeners to support our favorite artists. How much coin have we given them? Well, Top Dollar has just revealed the most valuable songs on the service by creating a Spotify rich list.
"We extracted the top 100 artists based on Spotify streams (leaving out the artists who have passed away). Then we calculated each one’s total earnings (assuming that one stream equates to $0.0049) and halved the total figure because top artists only receive about 50% of revenue from streams," the study said.
Check out the most valuable songs on Spotify below.
- "Shape of You" — Ed Sheeran
- "Rockstar" — Post Malone featuring 21 Savage
- "Dance Monkey" — Tones and I
- "One Dance" — Drake featuring Wizkid and Kyla
- "Closer" — The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey
- "Blinding Lights" — The Weeknd
- "Sunflower" — Post Malone and Swae Lee
- "Señorita" — Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes
- "Someone You Loved" — Lewis Capaldi
- "Thinking Out Loud" — Ed Sheeran
So, as you can see, Ed Sheeran is king when it comes to Spotify. In fact, he's earned $6.5 million along for "Shape of You" since it's been streamed over 2.7 billion times.
Keep in mind though that artists don't get all the proceeds directly. That amount goes through a whole lot before it finally lands on a musician's hands.