Here's What Your Audio Aura Colors Mean in Your Spotify 2021 Wrapped
Everyone and their mother has probably already devoured their Spotify 2021 Wrapped, but this year’s edition is particularly special thanks to a new feature: the Audio Aura. Spotify Wrapped has always been a fun year-ender for music lovers to look back on the moods and moments that defined the year. Our listening history is a reflection of our emotions, so it only makes sense that the streamer came up with the idea to match our vibes with an Audio Aura, curated by Spotify’s freelance psychic, Mystic Michaela.
The aura reader helped Spotify connect your listening habits to the aura spectrum, assigning a color to the mood tags attached to each song on Spotify. Since all songs already have mood descriptors, Michaela’s job was to categorize them into auras with distinct vibes and moods. Each person’s Audio Aura is then assigned to colors: “The first one will be who you are, and the second one is what you reach for,” explained Michaela.
Here’s what your Spotify aura colors mean:
- Purple: This aura color pairs well with passionate music listeners. Purple auras tune in to get amped up, entertained, and moving while they navigate the twists and turns of their day.
- Green: Calm, analytical, and introspective are the traits that describe a green aura. These listeners gravitate toward complex music to tame their fast-moving minds.
- Pink: Often described as the hopeless romantics of the aura spectrum, pinks view the world with a sense of optimistic, childlike wonder.
- Orange: Oranges are the rebellious and bold type. They share a need for high-energy, confidence-boosting sounds.
- Yellow: Yellows like their music to align them to the goals of their day, fueling their need for focus, motivation, and self-improvement all while reducing any nerves that could get in the way.
- Blue: Blues are wistful or emotional, and this hue reflects listeners who seek out music to feel their feelings out loud.
“When you put in your earbuds, the whole world disappears and that's you. A hundred percent authentic you,” said Michaela to Nylon, explaining that her mission with this Spotify collaboration is to help people learn a little more about themselves in these chaotic times.
Even if you’re skeptical about auras, this year’s Spotify Wrapped edition will succeed in one thing: encouraging conversations with ourselves through the music we listen to.
“Your Audio Aura reveals the energy you feel comfortable in and also the vibes you want to borrow,” said Michaela. “Throughout our lives, we’re constantly pretending to be somebody [else]. You might wear a different energy color to fit in. But when you put in your earbuds, when you put your playlist together—that’s you. And when you press next, or if you say, ‘I like that, I’m going to listen to it 10 times,’ that’s you. And that’s why I feel so connected to Audio Auras, because whatever that reflects, it’s an extension of yourself.”