Spotify Reveals the Songs You Listen to Most Depending on Your Relationship Status
Tomorrow marks the day that people are most keenly aware of their relationship status, and Spotify has revealed what the lucky in love and lovelorn have been listening to. Surprisingly, Paramore dominates the Top Love Songs in the Philippines list, with “That’s What You Get,” “Still Into You,” and “Hard Times,” at number one, two, and three respectively. Their songs occupy the sixth to tenth spots, too.
This probably has more to do with fans prepping for the band’s upcoming concert on February 18 than the romantic nature of their songs. The two holdouts are Ed Sheeran’s sappy love ballad “Perfect,” and the taxi cab classic, “How Deep Is Your Love” by the Bee Gees.
The Weeknd’s slow and sensual hit “Earned It” is still Filipinos’ go-to song for when they get lucky, two years after it debuted as part of the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack. Listeners also turn to Bishop Briggs’ “River” and Jeremih’s “Birthday Sex” to get them in the mood.
There’s nothing Filipinos love more than hugot, and it looks like most local listeners turn to Moira Dela Torre to soothe their broken hearts. Her songs “Saglit” and “Malaya” occupy first and second place on the Top Heartache Songs in the Philippines list.
As for singles who want nothing to do with Valentine’s Day or romance in general, there are thousands of Anti-Valentine’s playlists with songs that channel empowerment and independence. After scouring these playlists, Spotify concludes that “No Scrubs” is the world’s most popular Anti-Valentine’s song.
Here’s a complete rundown of the Philippines’ most-listened to songs on love and loss:
Top Love Songs in the Philippines
- Paramore - That’s What You Get
- Paramore - Still Into You
- Paramore - Hard Times
- Ed Sheeran - Perfect
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Paramore - Misery Business
- Paramore - Brick By Boring Brick
- Paramore - Rose-Colored Boy
- Paramore - Ignorance
- Paramore - The Only Exception
Top Sex Songs in the Philippines
- The Weeknd - Earned It (Fifty Shades Of Grey)
- Bishop Briggs - River
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Daniel Caesar - Get You (feat. Kali Uchis)
- Chris Brown - Wet The Bed
- LANY - ILYSB - STRIPPED
- Ciara - Body Party
- LANY - Super Far
- Khalid - Location
- Ginuwine - Pony
Top Heartache Songs in the Philippines
- Moira Dela Torre - Marco’s Theme - Saglit
- Moira Dela Torre - Saglit
- Troye Sivan - The Good Side
- R-Chord - Thanks for Your Love
- Paramore - Hate to See Your Heart Break
- Sam Smith - Too Good at Goodbyes
- Coldplay - The Scientist
- Ed Sheeran - Happier
- The Script - Breakeven
- Ne-Yo - So Sick