NBA 2K21 Delivers a Jaw-Dropping First Look at Next-Gen Gameplay
2K today unveiled the first true look at what gamers can expect on next-generation consoles this November, debuting a brand-new NBA 2K21 gameplay video captured on PlayStation 5.
“Never before have we been able to deliver this level of visual fidelity and realism in a video game,” said Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts.
READ MORE ABOUT THE NBA
“NBA 2K21 is the standout title that best delivers the promise of next-gen: truly revolutionary graphics, lightning-fast load times, and incredible new features and gameplay only possible on next-generation hardware.”
Today’s video features a raw look at next-gen gameplay for NBA 2K21, presenting an exhibition game between the Golden State Warriors and the Dallas Mavericks. Players are brought right up to the action on the hardwood—as if they suited up themselves—and the game is brought to life thanks to new A.I. systems that power every single person in the arena. From here, the new Rail Cam presents NBA 2K21 gameplay in a dynamic and visually stunning fashion, elevating the game to new immersive heights.
NBA 2K21 Features
According to the game’s developer, the next-gen version of NBA 2K21 is “positioned to be an awesome leap forward and the largest game in franchise history.”
Among the features they improved on include the following:
- An eye-popping leap in graphical advancements: next-gen lighting, textures, physics, animations, and more that push NBA 2K21’s visual presentation to the bleeding edge
- Rebuilt player movement and player impact, driven by new on-court animation and collision engines that make for a smoother, tougher game
- The entire arena comes to life with more than 150 unique A.I.-driven characters interacting seamlessly to create a groundbreaking Lower Bowl experience
- An expanded soundtrack with 202 songs at launch
NBA 2K21 Graphics
Visual Concepts put serious work into the visual aesthetics of the game. We'll let you see for yourself in the following images.
More NBA 2K21 Updates
On October 8, Visual Concepts will be breaking down all of the new next-gen gameplay-specific features across three Courtside Reports that cover core gameplay, new movement, and the Impact Engine, as well as next-gen A.I. and major changes to the MyPLAYER Builder.
In the coming weeks, new features will be available in MyCAREER, the WNBA, MyGM, and MyLEAGUE.
Players will also get an in-depth experience into what will be the biggest expansion of NBA 2K’s online basketball community feature formerly known as the Neighborhood.
READ MORE ABOUT THE NBA
NBA 2K21 Release Dates
NBA 2K21 will be available on the following dates:
- November 10 for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S
- November 12 for PlayStation 5 in the U.S., Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea
- November 19 for PlayStation 5 in the Philippines and all other regions.