Are You Ready to Put Matcha in Your Cocktail?
The Matriarch is a cocktail crafted by Kaitlyn Stewart, World Class's best bartender in the world of 2017. It got her past the first round of competition, and it's completely original. In honor of the strong women in her family, spearheaded by her grandmother, Stewart used coconut flavors and matcha green tea powder to make a creamy cocktail that tastes like "delicious, melted-down green tea ice cream," she says. Matcha, if you haven't heard, is very good for you. Here's her recipe.
- 1 1/2 oz. Ciroc Coconut
- 1/4 oz. honey
- 1/2 oz. heavy cream
- 1/4 oz. liquid coconut oil
- 2 heaping bar spoons matcha
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker tin.
- Vigorously shake for 12 seconds.
- Fine strain, neat, into a small tumbler.
This story originally appeared on Esquire.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Esquiremag.ph editors.