A Hefty Salad Recipe to Help You with Your 2017 Goal Weight
The beginning of a year. It's a time of hope, a time of promise, a time when one's motivation supply is replenished enough to finally fulfill those goals that one has long procrastinated from, like regularly walking the dog to eating healthier to tightening your belt a few notches (literally and figuratively).
Any dietician would tell you that the trick to managing your diet is to eat smarter. We asked Cibbie Gonzales' the owner and brains behind smoothie and salad chain Go! Salads to help up with a quick salad that doesn't scrimp of flavor, nutrients, and portion size.
Grilled Chicken with Roasted Onion Curry Dressing
Roasted Onion Curry Dressing
- 570 grams onions, unpeeled
- 150 grams olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper (8 turns from a grinder)
- 7 grams garlic
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the onions and roast them for 45 minutes.
- After roasting, peel the skin off and discard.
- Blend the roasted onion and the other dressing ingredients together.
Grilled Chicken Breast
- Chicken breast fillet
- Olive oil
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the pan with olive oil.
- Grill the chicken both sides until fully cooked.
- Slice the chicken to vertically to thin slices.
- Two pieces of sliced bread, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp butter
- Melt the butter in a pan, toss the cut bread and coat
- Continue tossing the bread until bread is toasted
- Grapes, sliced in half
- Greens, washed and dried
Toss everything together in greens and top with grapes and enjoy!