Bonifacio Global City's COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing Center Begins Operations
For the latest COVID-19 cases, check out reportr’s COVID-19 case tracker.
For the latest news and updates on COVID-19, check out reportr.world/covid-19.
Good news for individuals residing in Bonifacio Global City (BGC): The business district’s COVID-19 drive-through testing center under the city’s Systematic Mass Approach to Responsible Testing (SMART) program is now operational.
According to the LGU, administering tests takes just five minutes and results can be expected three to five days afterward. The drive-through testing center is located at the Northeast Parking Area in front of Kidzania, beside CitiBank and IBM One World Place.
In a Facebook post, the city says it is targeting residents who are vehicle owners and do not have the option of getting tested at hospitals or health centers. So far, 10 suspected COVID-19 cases have already been tested at the new facility.
Here’s what you need to do if you’re a resident who wants to get tested via drive-through:
- Call the COVID-19 hotline at 8789-3200 or 0966-419-4510 where you will be assessed by the City Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (CEDSU).
- You will receive a control number to be presented at the testing center.
- Visit one of two drive-through testing facilities (Lakeshore or BGC).
- Present digital copy of control number to Receiving Booth.
- Proceed to testing area to get tested.
- Receive Anti-COVID Kit with monitoring sheet.
- CEDSU will contact resident for results 3-5 days after testing.
According to the LGU’s announcement, patients exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms on-site will be instructed to stay in the facility’s isolation area where an ambulance remains on standby in case there’s a need for hospitalization.
Taguig City opened its first drive-through testing center at Lakeshore in Barangay Lower Bicutan less than a week ago. “This new step is part of that holistic approach. We see mass testing as a crucial and proactive step, one that we think will benefit the city even beyond the ECQ,” Mayor Lino Cayetano said in an interview with ANC.
Do you think more local governments should open drive-through testing centers? Let us know what you think in the comments.
This story originally appeared on Topgear.com.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Esquiremag.ph editors.