Here Are the Philippine Hospitals Joining the WHO COVID-19 Vaccine Trials
The science department on Monday said 13 hospitals in the Philippines would join the World Health Organization-led solidarity trials for a COVID-19 vaccine as quarantines passed the six-month mark.
Nine of the 13 are in Metro Manila and encompass eight trial zones, Department of Science and Technology Sec. Fortunato Dela Peña said.
Which hospitals are participating?
- Philippine General Hospital
- Manila Doctors Hospital
- San Lazaro Hospital
- Lung Center of the Philippines
- St. Luke's Medical Center - Quezon City
- Research Institute for Tropical Medicine
- Makati Medical Center
- The Medical City
- St. Luke’s Medical Center - BGC
- Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center
- Chong Hua Hospital
- De La Salle Health Sciences Institute
- Southern Philippines Medical Center
When does it start?
The trials will commence in October and will likely be completed by the second quarter of 2021.
The Philippines tapped five COVID-19 vaccine developers for the clinical trial data sharing, he said.
President Rodrigo Duterte earlier told the public to adhere to health and safety protocols while waiting for a vaccine.
This story originally appeared on Reportr.World. Minor edits have been made by the Esquiremag.ph editors.