JG Summit Clarifies PSE Disclosure, Execs Still On Board
JG Summit has clarified what it describes as an “erroneous disclosure” on the Philippine Stock Exchange that implied that three of its executive had been removed as officers from the conglomerate.
The three in question, Carlos G. Santos, Alan D. Surposa, and Emmanuel de Pano, are in fact still in the conglomerate and remain “valued officers of JG Summit” following the company’s massive reorganization. However, they no longer report directly to JG Summit president and CEO Lance Gokongwei.
Surposa, senior vice president and chief procurement officer, oversees overall corporate procurement, including that of JG Summit Petrochemical’s multi-billion expansion projects in Batangas City.
Santos, vice president for corporate services and chief information officer, is now also tasked with leading Aspen, the shared services business unit of JG Summit. He was also recently named a digital transformation leader in the 2020 IDC Digital Transformation Awards.
De Pano continues his role as vice president for corporate internal audit, reporting to JG Summit’s audit committee, which covers processes such as reporting, monitoring compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies, and more.
The following were appointed officers of JG Summit, effective October 23, 2020.
- Michael P. Liwanag, currently Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff of JGS, as Senior Vice President, Investor Relations and Chief of Staff of JGS
- Bach Johann M. Sebastian, currently Senior Vice President-Strategic Investments Group of JGS, as Senior Vice President, Strategic Investment of JGS
- Nicasio L. Lim, currently Senior Vice President of the Corporate Resources Group of JGS, as Senior Vice President, Corporate Human Resources of JGS
- Maria Celia H. Fernandez-Estavillo, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of JGS
- Renato T. Salud, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability of JGS
- Aldrich T. Javellana, Senior Vice President and Treasurer of JGS
- Francisco M. Del Mundo, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Compliance Officer of JGS
- Lisa Y. Gokongwei-Cheng, currently Head-Digital Transformation of JGS, as Senior Vice President, Digital Transformation and Corporate Services of JGS
- Ian Pajantoy, Data Protection Officer of JGS
- Andre Ria B Buzeta-Acero, Assistant Corporate Secretary of JGS
Esquire Philippines is published by Summit Media, the media arm of the Gokongwei group.