Bernard Arnault Has Overtaken Jeff Bezos Again to Officially Become the World's Richest Person
Jeff Bezos is rich. We all know this. As the founder and former CEO of Amazon, he has an estimated net worth of $192.4 billion. It's a crazy amount that we'll probably never see in our lifetime. But, the craziest thing of all? He's just been dethroned as the richest person in the world.
Once again, Bernard Arnault has overtaken Bezos after Amazon's stock cratered 7.6 percent. The drop lead to Bezos losing $13.9 billion in just a day. Arnault is also rich. Currently, his net worth is estimated at $195.4 billion.
If you've been keeping up with the world's richest people, you'll know that this isn't the first time Arnault has landed on top. The last time the chairman and chief executive of LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton SE ranked on top was back in May.
Check out the world's richest people below.
- Bernard Arnault - $195.4 billion
- Jeff Bezos - $192.4 billion
- Elon Musk - $179.4 billion
- Bill Gates - $131.6 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg - $128.2 billion
- Larry Page - $115.2 billion
- Larry Ellison - $112.6 billion
- Sergey Brin - $111.5 billion
- Warren Buffett - $101.0 billion
- Francoise Bettencourt Meyers - $92.0 billion
Then again, does it really who ends up on top? After all, the likes of Bezos, Elon Musk, and Arnault will still rank on the top 10 wealthiest individuals time and time again.