Bongbong Marcos Claims He's a Victim of Fake News Then Tells Everyone to Study
Presidential candidate Bongbong Marcos has claimed he was a victim of "fake news" as he urged voters to do their research before believing disinformation.
The only son and namesake of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos Sr., the biggest beneficiary of "fake news" according to Tsek.ph, called out fact-checkers with political agenda without mentioning who they are.
"Para sa akin, ako nabibiktima ng 'fake news' dahil ang dami-daming sinasabi sa akin na 'di totoo," he told Kandidatalks in an interview aired Monday.
"Iniimbento nila 'yung sinabi ko tapos sasabihin fake. So gawan natin 'yung fact checker na walang agenda, no political agenda, no financial agenda basta fact checker lang" he said, without citing specific examples.
Tsek.ph, an independent fact-checking initiative, earlier said that his rival, Vice President Leni Robredo, is the biggest victim of disinformation so far this year, while Marcos stands to benefit the most from false claims seeking to promote him.
Disinformation about the Marcoses include posts misleading the public about the leadership of the late dictator.
Marcos said that whenever he is asked to comment about his father, he would always tell his side of the story. The public, however, should not rely on his words alone, he added.
"Lagi kong tinatapos ang usapan na huwag lang kayo makinig sa akin dahil may agenda din ako e, ama ko 'yan e siyempre kakampi ko siya," said Marcos.
"Mag-aral kayo, mag-research kayo nang mabuti, ang daming libro d'yan, ang daming nasa internet ngayon. Balikan n'yo ang mga diyaryo noon, balikan n'yo 'yung mga nagsusulat noon at tingnan naman talaga ninyo kung ano 'yung talagang nangyari para makapag-aral kayo nang mabuti."
From: Reportr World