Here's Your Guide to the June 2021 GCQ Rules in NCR Plus
Metro Manila and neighboring provinces Bulacan, Laguna, Cavite, and Rizal will remain under general community quarantine or GCQ "with restrictions" until June 15.
The ever-changing quarantines at times cause confusion with the need for Malacañang to issue additional guidelines. Here are the restrictions to remember for GCQ in the Greater Manila Area or the so-called "NCR Plus."
1. The following are prohibited from operating:
- Entertainment venues such as bars and theaters
- Recreational venues such as internet cafes and arcades
- Amusement parks, fairs, playgrounds
2. Lottery and horse racing with off-track betting are temporarily allowed.
3. Outdoor, non-contact sports are allowed.
4. Indoor sports venues and tourist attractions are prohibited from operating.
5. Venues for meetings, conferences, and exhibitions are allowed to operate up to 30% of their capacity and could add an additional 10% if the venue has been granted a safety seal.
6. Personal care services such as spas, salons, and barbershops may operate up to 40% of their capacity.
7. Outdoor tourist attractions may operate up to 30% of their capacity.
8. Hotels accredited for staycations may operate at 100% capacity while other accommodation establishments catering to specialized markets of the Department of Tourism may operate up to 30% capacity with guidance from the local government unit.
9. Restaurants can offer dine-in services up to 30% capacity. Outdoor dining is up to 50%.
10. Religious services, weddings, wakes, and funerals can be held up to 30% of the venue capacity. Local government units can increase the capacity up to 50%.
11. Interzonal travel from NCR Plus to other areas is allowed but subject to LGU restrictions.
12. Those aged 18 to 65 years old can go out of their homes.
This story originally appeared on Reportr.World. Minor edits have been made by the Esquiremag.ph editors.