UP Ranks Among Top 100 Universities in Asia, Leading 14 Philippine Universities Recognized on List
The University of the Philippines has done it again. The country’s top university was recognized in another university ranking list, this time by the 2021 Quzquarelli Symonds Asian University Rankings, which placed UP among the continent’s top 100 institutions.
UP placed 69th, beating over 600 other universities in Asia. According to the Commission on Higher Education, this is the nation’s best-ever performance and representation on the list, as 13 other Philippine universities joined UP on the prestigious list.
These Philippine universities are:
- Ateneo de Manila University at 135th place
- De La Salle University at 166th place
- University of Santo Tomas at 186th place
- University of San Carlos in the 451-500 bracket
- Ateneo de Davao University in the 501-550 bracket
- Mapua University in the 501-550 bracket
- Siliman University in the 501-550 bracket
- Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technology in the 551-600 bracket
- Adamson University in the 601+ bracket
- Central Luzon State University in the 601+ bracket
- Central Mindanao State University in the 601+ bracket
- Central Philippine University in the 601+ bracket
- Xavier University in the 601+ bracket
In total, 14 Philippine universities were honored on the regional list.
This is the first time Ateneo de Davao, Iligan Institute, Adamson, Central Luzon State, Central Mindanao, Central Philippine, and Xavier have been recognized on the list.
Meanwhile, the top 10 universities in Asia are:
1| University of Singapore (Singapore)
2| Tsinghua University (China)
3| Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
4| The University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
5| Zhejhang University (China)
6| Fudan University (China)
7| Peking University (China)
8| The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong)
9| Universiti of Malaya (Malaysia)
10| Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China)