More articles about: government

 
Share
No VIP treatment here!
Netizens heaped praises on Mayor Emerson “Emeng” Pascual of Gapan City, Nueva Ecija for his outstanding service to his constituents as Luzon enters the second week of the enhanced community quarantine.Pascual was likened to Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto and Manila Mayor Isko ...
 
Share
Five pages of the supposed act have been tweeted so far.
ABS-CBN has obtained and published on Twitter a copy of the proposed “Bayanihan Act of 2020”, an emergency measure to be brought forward before Congress in an emergency session tomorrow, Monday, March 23.The Philippine Star has also obtained a copy of the same document. ...
 
Share
According to the mayor, the rules of the quarantine are pretty clear.
Are you still waiting on your barangay’s quarantine pass so you can head out to buy supplies during the COVID-19 enhanced quarantine period? We have some good news for you if you’re a Pasig City resident.Pasig mayor Vico Sotto says residents do not need a quarantine pass to move around ...
 
Share
After continuously nagging about tax deadlines.
After days of continuously reminding people to settle their tax obligations amid the COVID-19 crisis, the BIR has finally cut some slack on hardworking taxpayers affected by the Enhanced Community Quarantine. Tax payments for 2019 can be filed up until May 15 without penalties. ...
 
Share
The BIR says everyone must file their ITRs before April 15.
As the government declared more stringent measures in the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon, utility companies have been quick to show solidarity with the people by extending their bill payment deadlines for 30 days.Meralco, PLDT, Smart, Sky, Globe, and other service providers ...
 
Share
Who can enter and leave Metro Manila when the lockdown is imposed?
Metro Manila has a population of 12.8 million and is composed of the cities of Manila, Quezon City, Caloocan, Las Piñas, Makati, Malabon, Mandaluyong, Marikina, Muntinlupa, Navotas, Parañaque, Pasay, Pasig, San Juan, Taguig, and Valenzuela, and the municipality of Pateros. According to the government, there will be ...
 
Share
It is a very urgent meeting concerning NCR's COVID-19 response.
President Rodrigo Duterte has called for an emergency meeting in Malacañang with all the mayors of Metro Manila amid news of local transmission of COVID-19 in the region.The Department of Health (DOH) announced late afternoon on March 9 that the Philippines now ...
 
Share
Nothing gets out of Metro Manila except food, medicine, and health professionals, suggests lawmaker Joey Salceda.
If everything were up to Albay Second District Representative Joey Salceda, Metro Manila would be on a tight lockdown: No one gets in or out of the region except food, medicine, and medical professionals.The lawmaker said on Monday, March 9, that all entry and ...
 
Share
Most people seem to have a strong resistance against COVID-19.
In a press briefing held on March 9, Health Secretary Francisco Duque said that most confirmed cases  of COVID-19 around the world are mild cases.“As much as 80 percent of conformed cases of COVID-19 are mild,” said the health secretary.The Philippines currently ...
 
Share
The Philippines now has a total of 5 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
The Department of Health (DOH) on March 6 has confirmed two new cases of patients infected with novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Philippines, raising the total number of confirmed cases in the country to five.In a press conference, the DOH identified the ...
 
Share
No more queuing up at any LTO branch to have your license renewed.
Does the idea of renewing your driver’s license online sound good to you? Well, don’t look now, but the Land Transportation Office (LTO) is currently cooking up a centralized digital system that will incorporate all of the agency’s services.According to an Inquirer.net ...
 
Share
It's going to be the dream school for Filipino sports prodigies.
The Senate of the Philippines has officially approved, on the third and final reading of Senate Bill No. 1086, the creation of the Philippine High School for Sports (PHSS), where young generations of student-athletes will be trained to become world champions.PHSS will be ...
 
Share
Water from major dams flow through the Tullahan river system into Manila Bay.
It might be decades until you're willing to take a dip into the once—and by this we mean really long ago—pristine waters of Manila Bay, but every little step taken now could mean a lot in the future. One pretty big step is the ...
 
Share
"I accept the apology, of course."
President Rodrigo Duterte has accepted the national apology of ABS-CBN president and CEO Carlo Katigbak, and promised not to interfere in Congress’ deliberation on the network’s franchise renewal.The president also added that ABS-CBN should just donate the P2.6 million the network allegedly ...
 
Share
Fifty percent will be allocated to the Build, Build, Build Program
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has announced its plans to lend a “record high” of $3.3 billion (or P168.35 billion) to the Philippine government for the year of 2020. Approximately half of the loan will be allotted to the government’s Build, Build, ...
 
Share
Travelers from North Gyeongsang are also banned from coming to the Philippines.
The Philippines has temporarily banned Filipinos from traveling to South Korea due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) scare.“Any travel to South Korea will be temporarily suspended,” Department of Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said in a press conference on February 26. In a separate ...
 
Share
Former Chief Justice Reynato Puno, Senator Franklin Drilon weigh in on ABS-CBN franchise extension.
Former Chief Justice Reynato Puno and Senator Franklin Drilon insisted that ABS-CBN should not operate if its franchise expires on March 30, 2020. Nevertheless, Drilon has filed a joint resolution seeking the franchise extension of ABS-CBN until 2022. In a February 21 report on ...
 
Share
"We are sorry if we offended the President."
In a senate hearing on February 24, ABS-CBN president Carlo Katigbak apologized to the President for failing to air his ads during the 2016 national elections. The ads were worth P7 million.The broadast network is currently facing a franchise renewal crisis, which ...
 
Share
“They are so shameless!”
Mayor Vico Sotto has once again proven that he's not an ordinary politician—he has backbone. "If you want to do business in our City, YOU FOLLOW OUR LAWS," an angry Mayor Vico Sotto posted on Facebook, referring to illegal Chinese businesses operating in ...
 
Share
'The country is better off with ABS-CBN than without it.'
The Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas (UST) has officially thrown its full support behind beleaguered broadcast giant ABS-CBN, which is currently facing the threat of being shut down by government amid franchise renewal issues. “We are one with ABS-CBN in their ...
Connect With Us