Here's Where to Expect Heavy Traffic on SLEX, TPLEX This Holy Week
Holy Week is less than two weeks away, and if you’re planning on heading out of town, you had best be prepared to deal with some traffic.
In anticipation of this, SMC Tollways has released some guidelines and will be implementing “enhanced traffic-management measures” to keep things as smooth as possible on Skyway, NAIAX, SLEX, TPLEX, and STAR Tollway.
“As early as the first weekend of April, enhanced traffic-management measures will be implemented including the fielding of additional ambulant tellers and traffic patrol teams, specifically in areas where heavy volume is expected,” the company says.
SMC Tollways will also have motorist assistance stations set up in partnership with Petron. Check out their locations below.
Holy Week Motorist Assistance Centers:
- TPLEX – Petron KM 134 northbound and southbound and at the TPLEX Toll Operations Compound northbound
- Skyway – C5 and Merville southbound, Sucat lay-by at-grade northbound
- SLEX – San Pedro Gas Station southbound, KM 44 Petron Gas Station southbound
- KM 44 Petron Gas Station northbound
- STAR – Petron Malvar southbound and Malainin lay-by KM 92 southbound
- Petron Lipa northbound and Lapu-Lapu Lay-by KM 90 northbound
Also, below are the areas where motorists should expect heavy traffic, and the days when congestion is expected to peak.
Holy Week Traffic 2019:
- TPLEX northbound: April 17 (Wednesday) to April 19 (Friday) at Tarlac Central Toll Plaza, Urdaneta Toll Plaza, Pozorrubio-MacArthur T-intersection, Binalonan Toll Plaza, and Pozorrubio Toll Plaza
- TPLEX southbound: April 21 (Sunday) to April 22 (Monday) at Tarlac Central Toll Plaza, Urdaneta Toll Plaza, Pozorrubio-MacArthur T-intersection, Binalonan Toll Plaza, and Pozorrubio Toll Plaza
- Skyway (at-grade) southbound: April 16 (PM, Tuesday), 17 (PM, Wednesday), April 18 (Thursday), and April 20 (Saturday) on C5-Alabang at-grade
- Skyway (at-grade) northbound: April 21 (Sunday) to April 22 (Monday) on Alabang Viaduct to Skyway on-ramp (Skyway Main Plaza B)
- Skyway (elevated) southbound: April 17 (PM, Wednesday) in Amorsolo to Magallanes Area
NAIAXwestbound: April 17 (PM, Wednesday) to April 20 (Saturday) at NAIAX Main Toll Plaza B NAIAXeastbound: April 17 (PM, Wednesday) to April 20 (Saturday) at NAIAX Main Toll Plaza A
- SLEX southbound: April 17 (PM, Wednesday), April 18 (Thursday), and April 20 (Saturday) at Calamba Toll Plaza A and B; Carmona, Santa Rosa, Eton-ABI exits; Cabuyao, and Ayala Toll Plaza
- SLEX northbound: April 21 (Sunday) to April 22 (Monday) at Ayala Toll Plaza, Calamba Toll Plaza entry, exits in Filinvest and Alabang Viaduct
- STAR Tollway southbound: April 17 (PM, Wednesday), April 18 (Thursday), and April 20 (Saturday) at Santo Tomas Entry, Lipa Toll Plaza, Balagtas Toll Plaza, Santo Toribio, and Ibaan-San Jose Interchange
- STAR Tollway northbound: April 21 (Sunday) at April 22 (AM, Monday) at toll plazas in Sto. Tomas
That’s a pretty long list. Anyway, plan your trips accordingly and enjoy the holidays.
This story originally appeared on Topgear.com.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Esquiremag.ph editors.