Trump's Son Is Selling Videos of Himself for $500. Here Are 51 Better Ways to Spend That Money
The same week that Donald Trump shut down his blog because no one was reading, his son, Donald Trump Jr, has launched an equally sad and desperate new venture. Don Jr. has joined Cameo, a site in which (mostly) D-list celebrities can send videos to fans for a fee.
For Don Jr. it costs $500 for him to send a video ($787 if you want it within 24 hours) or $19.99 to send him a direct message. According to his bio, "A portion of proceeds will be donated to Shadow Warriors Project." It's not entirely clear what portion of the proceeds will go to charity, but this comes shortly after Don Jr. complained about having "millions" in legal bills because of the New York attorney general's probe into the Trump Organization.
The videos are pretty much what you'd imagine. The five examples that Trump has on his page feature him in ill-fitting polos, using an aggressive amount of adjectives, gesturing wildly with his hands. For only five Benjamins, Trump will wish you a happy Memorial Day, or as one patron requested, insult your liberal family member. No, seriously.
In one video, Trump says, "I'm told that you're turning older than dirt, and I'm not that sorry about that because I'm also told that you're a serious lib. Fortunately for you, at least you have a family that has the sense to not be a lib and that they're full of Trump supporters, so that's pretty awesome. I've also heard about some of your fetishes, so you may be as sick as some of the people in the Biden family... I hope your family rides you like Seabiscuit."
All of this is to say, if you have $500 that's burning a hole in your pocket and you are adamant on spending it right now, there are other options. So many other options. Below is a non-exhaustive list of better ways to use your money than spending it on a Cameo from Donald Trump Jr.
1. Buy Girl Scout cookies
2. Throw it into the air, like you’re Mary Tyler Moore and the money is your hat
3. Cover everyone at Applebee’s for a round of Dollaritas
4. Donate directly to a charity that doesn't also give a 'portion' to Don Jr.
5. Use it to measure a year, investing a dollar every 1,000 minutes
6. Make an extra student loan payment
7. Literally so much weed
8. Buy the entire series of E.R. on iTunes, so you never have to worry where it’s available
9. Splurge on expensive toilet paper
10. Upgrade yourself to first-class
11. Buy this Todd Snyder watch, six times over
12. Throw a gigantic pizza party
13. Get yourself an iPad!
14. Wish someone a happy Honda Days (this costs nothing but is a better use of your time, which is valuable)
15. Pay off Netflix for two years
16. Recreate a dramatic movie cliche by getting in a taxi and breathlessly saying, “Drive.”
17. Find two really sick front row seats at a big concert
18. Take a class, just to further your education
19. Purchase 56 Bloomin’ Onions at Outback Steakhouse
20. Subscribe to an actual decade of Esquire.
21. Buy one square foot of land in Scotland
22. Buy a coffee, then leave the rest for everyone who comes after you
23. Get a Cameo from Gary Busey instead and pocket the other $200
24. Save up $300 more and get a Cameo from a real talent, Gabby Douglas
25. Invest in Dogecoin
26. Send Lor the money to help cover DJ’s ear surgery
27. Buy another round of Dollaritas, because let’s be honest, there are not 525 people in this Applebee’s right now
28. Rent out a theater because you’re still kind of skeptical of enclosed public places
29. Buy the whole suite of WandaVision Pop Funko figurines
30. Get a teacher the classroom supplies the government won’t supply them
31. Donate it to the Okra Project, specifically in Don Jr’s name
32. Give a waiter the most amazing tip of their career
33. Give a drag queen the most amazing tip of her career
34. Buy a wig and become a drag queen
35. Do you have an air fryer yet because I bet you’d love an air fryer
36. Send your mom flowers once a month for a year
37. Worth noting that Carole Baskin is also available on Cameo for $299 and is delightfully unhinged at a fraction of the cost
38. Look at all these affordable hats!
39. Purchase the cast of A Quiet Place 2 some of those ugly shape up sneakers so that when they walk, they’re more inclined to roll their feet, making for less noisy steps
40. Take the money and get it all in pennies. Spread them out and do that thing where Scrooge McDuck just lays in his coins
41. Restock your bar
42. Book a flight to a country you’ve never visited before
43. Get a table at the nicest restaurant in town. Get a bottle of wine, too
44. Alternatively, you can get about 400 wings at Buffalo Wild Wings for the same price
45. Three words: drunk online shopping
46. Do the low-level home repairs you’ve been putting off
47. Bankroll an entire Hallmark movie
48. Did you know that a serviceable dishwasher is typically less than 500 dollars? I didn’t!
49. Help a few lucky conservatives replace the Keurigs they smashed a few years back in protest
50. Donate it to a wildlife fund to help curb the damage Don Jr has done by hunting large animals for sport only.
51. Burn it.
This story originally appeared on Esquire.com. Minor edits have been made by the Esquiremag.ph editors.